Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back for more

Lap Counter: 187.5

Greetings fellow gear heads, ring fans, and friends. It's been a while but I'm back! It is now early November and 21 laps later, but they were some intense laps. These past few months have been full of ups and downs for me in relation to the track. Here is a short summary:

1. went mountain biking on the course with some friends
2. close call
3. my 4th endurance race
4. tuning a street car for the track
5. welcoming new friends and coaching
6. race team drama
7. good friend rolls his car
8. had an epiphany of sorts

I want to write a blog post dedicated to each of these in the future, but not right now. The sun just came out and its warm outside. (Germany in November). Its much too rare of an occasion for this season so I can't spend it inside. Maybe get one last car wash out of the way.

For now, i wanted to touch on point 4. For the past 2 years I have been driving GT3's on the track exclusively and driving an M3 sedan on the street. Didn't really mix the two as they both seemed very capable in each of those environments. Well, I'm never one for leaving things "stock" for too long so I decided to work on the M3 a bit so I could have fun in the family hauler as well.

Here is a recent video of me taking a couple friends for some laps. Enjoy and I'll update this blog soon!….unless the weather stays like this and then I'll just be heading back to the ring of course! :-D

E90 M3 on the ring with Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim - I just finished reading all of your blog posts. Fascinating! You are living my dream! I would love to drive in the VLN and the N24. As a kid growing up 30-minutes from Watkins Glen I was exposed to international racing at a very young age. My dream has always been to race at the Nurburgring. If you ever need a co-driver let me know. I have an FIA International Grade C license, which meets the rules I downloaded from the N24 web site. Best wishes and I'll be anxiously awaiting more blog posts from the ring. Sincerely - Rob Hurley

    ReplyDelete